Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!



I have a wonderful halloween costume for our little Michael Henry that I received at the shower my Donghia friends threw for me. I have known what my son was to be for Halloween since before he was even born. Now, low and behold the little pea pod costume is still packed away somewhere in this flurry of boxes (our move has been majorly DELAYED!!)...Once unpacked and settled into our new place, I will be sure to put him in the costume and properly post his first (belated) Halloween picture!

A Halloween thought, memory and recipe....

For all of the parents out there who loathe all of the candy that is around for days, even weeks after the kids trick or treating adventure, I have a friend who started a tradition of letting her kids take 10 or so pieces of candy, then buys the rest from them! They weigh it out on the bathroom scale, and they get 2 bucks per pound (or whatever the going rate may be), she dutifully takes the candy to work and lets her co-workers go at it...everyone is happy! I love that idea!

When I was in grade school, my friend Regan always had a Halloween slumber party, I have some very fond memories of bobbing for apples, doing the "time warp" and staying up all night telling ghost stories...

Black widow martini
2 martini glasses, preferably frozen
1 1/2 ounces Chocolate liqeur
1 1/2 ounces freshly made expresso
1 1/2 ounces Patrón XO Café
2 teaspoons sugar syrup
Hard ice cubes
Garnish: espresso beans and chocolate shavings

Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and then strain into the glasses. Add a few whole espresso beans and float chocolate shavings on the top.


No comments:

 
Designed by Lena